Child Nutrition and Raising Healthy Eaters
This class was developed by Kathy Ireland a clinical dietitian who has worked with Head Start and Boston Medical Center. The goal of the program is to empower parents and caregivers to instill healthy eating habits in their kids, learn how to avoid food allergens, and maybe even get those picky eaters to try something new! Learn the keys to healthy eating for children age 3-8.
The goal of the program is to empower parents and caregivers with the tools necessary to instill healthy eating habits in their children or charges. This includes developing skills to plan and prepare balanced meals and snacks, identify and prepare appropriate portions, and learn techniques to address and overcome picky eating.
The class was developed by a team of nutritionists, nannies, and educators and is designed to address the needs of both parents and caregivers.
This class covers:
- The basics of child nutrition
- Preparing healthy meals
- Proper portion sizing
- Tips for working with picky eaters
- Easy and fun recipes
- Demonstrations and practical tips for preparing meals and managing mealtime
- Information about navigating food allergies
- Sample meal times for charges and kids in your care
About the class format:
- 2-hours of interactive self-paced online instruction
- Video lessons featuring nutrition
- Interactive quizzes
- 24/7 online access
- Email Q&A with expert instructors
- 12-months of access to the materials
- SitterCycle Certification (upon successful completion)