Professional Nanny Series: Getting Hired and Starting A Healthy Working Relationship
Resumes, Getting Hired, Working Agreements, and Building Great Working Relationships from the very start. A Professional Development Pathway Created by Nannies for Nannies.
Getting Hired and Building Great Working Relationships is a professional certification program for nannies. This interactive class covers everything you need to get hired and begin building a great and lasting working relationship with your nanny family. We created the class for aspiring nannies, experienced nannies looking to hone communication skills, and anyone planning to transition to a new nanny family. During this class you will:
- Learn the best tips for getting hired including a checklist of things every nanny should know about nanny compensation and pay.
- Review detailed interviewing tips, including questions you should ask parents and questions parents may ask you.
- Explore ways to write a great resume and receive professional feedback on your resume so that you feel confident about how you’re presenting your skills and experiences to prospective employers.
- Gain access to templates and guidance around setting expectations and creating effective working agreements with your Nanny Family.
- Learn how to schedule and prepare for a performance review.
- Review real-life scenarios and receive instruction on ways to handle difficult situations successfully and professionally.
- Earn a SitterCycle certification credential for your resume!
About the class format:
- More than 5-hours of interactive self-paced online instruction
- Video lessons featuring professional nannies and child development experts
- Interactive quizes
- Email Q&A with expert instructors
- Professional resume review with feedback
- 12-months of 24/7 access to the materials
This class is most appropriate for:
- Nannies and caregivers with 1-3 years of professional nannying experience
- Nannies who have some experience but may want assistance professionally presenting themselves
- Nannies seeking resume and interview help
- Nannies looking for tips on how to set clear expectations through a well drafted working agreement
The class was created by nannies and educators for nannies to help address the specific challenges faced by professional nannies. You will leave this class prepared to tackle these challenges head-on and armed with resources and materials to create great working relationships with the families you work with.
If you are looking to build confidence in your skills or seek support with the business side of the profession, this course is for you!
01.We are SitterCycle.com
- An Introduction to Who We Are (Video)
- Navigating your classes (Video)
- Discussing and writing notes (Video)
- Getting your certificate! (Video)
03.What is a Nanny?
04.In What Direction Will You Take Your Nanny Career?
05.Searching for a Great Nanny Position Online
- Searching for a Great Nanny Position Online
- Helping You Find What You're Looking For in A Nanny Posititon
06.Personalizing Your Nanny Resume
- Get Your Resume Reviewed
07.Creating Your Portfolio
- Kelsey's Portfolio (Video)
08.Preparing for the Interview
- The Three Step Interview Process Free Sample Lesson
09.Your Social Media Reputation
010.Communicating With Your Employer
- Best Practices of Communicating with Parents
- Common Difficult Conversations
- Difficult Conversations (Video)
- Communication Quiz
11.Knowing Your Rights As a Nanny
- Monique's 10 Tips for Nanny Rights (Video)
12.Negotiating Your Nanny Salary
13.The Nanny Work Agreement
14.Evaluating the Employee and Employer Relationship
- Take The Survey
Resumes & Portfolios
- Sample Resume Templates
- Skills Sheet
- Nanny Portfolio Cheat Sheet
- Nanny Resume Cheat Sheet
- Cover Letter Sample
- Asking for a Reference
- Nanny Smart Goal Worksheet
- Questions Nannies Should Ask Agencies
- Questions to Ask Parents During the Interview
- Top Questions Parents Will Ask a Nanny During the Interview
- Accepting and Declining and Offer Letter
- Expectation Setting Worksheet
- Working Agreement Sample
- Sample Nanny Logs
- Managing Up for Nannies
- Nanny Performance Review
- Self-Evaluation for Parents
Thaty de Oliveira
Tatiane Dias de Oliveira, Ed. M. (a.k.a. Nanny Thaty) is a Career Nanny and SitterCycle’s Program Coordinator and Professional Development Coach.
Thaty has been working with children since 1998 as a babysitter, drama instructor, English teacher, storyteller, bilingual (Spanish/English or Portuguese/English) teacher, Au Pair and nanny. Thaty is also a certified Mediator and Mediator Coach for the nation’s first Domestic Worker/Employer Mediation Project launched in 2012 and radio host of the NDR – National Domestic Radio.
Tatiane came to Boston in 2003 and since then, has attained a B.A. in Multidisciplinary Studies (majoring in Early Childhood Education) in 2009, and M.Ed. in ESL/Bilingual Education in 2013. She is currently pursuing a Master of Management in Human Leadership and Organizational Dynamics in order to develop her coaching and consulting skills hoping to bridge this degree with the other leadership/coaching courses she has completed and better mentor parents and fellow nannies.
Helen AdeosunHelen Adeosun, Founder and CEO, SitterCycle, is passionate about learning, language, and children. As a former high school 9th grade English teacher, she was excited about ways to drive learning in her classroom and how to better serve her students. Helen has over 10 years of caregiving experience as including as a nanny in three different states . Helen is a member of the International Nanny Association, Massachusetts Association of Professional Nannies,a former member of the DC Childcare Collective, and a member of the National Association for the Education Young Children. Helen holds a B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and an EdM. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Kelsey PlimptonKelsey Plimpton is currently a professional nanny in Boston and has been nannying for over five years. She started as a part-time nanny while earning her associates degree in Early Childhood Education. Kelsey has worked with ages 2 months to 15 years in both nannying and babysitting positions, since the age of 13. While working with children she follows their interests to help create activities targeting developmental goals. She is interested in furthering her education in American Sign Language, as she uses baby sign language with children.
"Helen was a great asset in revising my resume. While I had a good idea of what made a resume good in an overall sense, I did not have the career specific knowledge on what was expected of a nanny resume and how to stand out in the nanny profession. The way in which Helen provided feedback was great. She offered wonderful suggestions, pointed out the resume's strong points and gave me the flexibility in revising my resume. Helen is very personable, upbeat, and a pleasure to work with. - Julia P. CA
"I have recently used SitterCycle.com for their professional Nanny resume review and feedback service. Helen took time out of her busy schedule to provide with me with honest advice and an extensive list of suggestions on how to improve my resume. It must have taken her hours to sit down and write out all of the detailed feedback. I know that it would have certainly taken me a long time! Helen also met with me in person to review the feedback and has been there 100% of the time to answer any questions that I have. I can't thank SitterCycle enough for such great customer service." - Andrea B. MA
"I am so happy that I had the opportunity to take the Newborn Care Specialist class and the Professional Nanny course with SitterCycle. I feel like both courses not only refreshed my skills as a nanny but also taught me that we are never too seasoned to learn new skills or just brush up on things that we may have forgotten about. Both courses have been very helpful in my job search and preparing me for my future employment opportunities with families. I have truly walked away confident knowing that the skills I have learned or brushed up on can now be implemented in a productive way and help me to continue to be a successful Career nanny. Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the nanny field. I know that SitterCycle is going to be a wonderful tool for nannies and families alike to come together and build more educated and confident nannies." - Karen F.